Do you need a Chocolate Fix?
For most people, chocolate is a necessity– or at least it feels like one at certain times of the day! As we strive to create a healthier life for ourselves, where does chocolate fit in? What if we were able to continue with our daily chocolate regimen, but have healthier options to choose from?
Here is a great homemade chocolate recipe that is naturally sweetened and super yummy!
[Part of Recipe Series]
* 1 cup raw cocoa butter (can order through amazon or sometimes find at whole foods or specialty natural grocers)
* 1 cup raw cocoa powder (or regular unsweetened cocoa powder)
* 1/2 cup raw honey
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* pinch of sea salt
1. Place parchment paper over baking sheet
2. Melt cocoa butter in double boiler (you can create your own double boiler by adding about 1 inch of water in small saucepan and placing metal or glass bowl over top of pan– bowl should not touch water– this helps the chocolate to melt without burning)
3. When cocoa butter is completely melted (looks like oil), add honey and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Once mixture is smooth, remove from heat and add cocoa powder, sea salt, honey, and vanilla. Mix ingredients until smooth texture (taste test chocolate– if not sweet enough, then you can add some additional honey).
5. Once texture is smooth, pour mixture onto baking sheet and place in fridge to solidify.
6. Once chocolate is solidified, you can break it apart into chocolate chunks and leave in fridge or freezer for future use (like chocolate chip pancakes!)
7. Additional use: Once mixture has slightly cooled in bowl, you can also pour it into candy molds to make fun chocolate shapes or chocolate lollipops for your kiddos!